Nestled on three acres of wooded land, the Cornerstone Academy offers a peaceful, quiet and safe place for your child to learn. The property offers limitless possibilities as a "nature's classroom". We are able to use the natural resources found on property as part of our curriculum.
The building has been fully renovated. Our school currently includes three large classrooms, a function room, office space, kitchen area and an after-school room. Outside, there is a large play area with swings and other playground equipment for use during recess.
Cornerstone Academy promotes the following concepts as an integral part of the curriculum:
- A nurturing environment that fosters the spirit of independence
- An atmosphere where students learn respect for themselves, each other and the world around them
- An interactive learning program that teaches children problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- An environment that fosters open participation and communication between staff, parents, children and the community
- A program that teaches essential life, social and inter-personal skills
- An environment that encourages learning as a life long process
- Small classes and individualized lesson plans geared to the academic level of the student