Cornerstone Academy is a private school dedicated to the education of children from Kindergarten to Grade 6.
We offer an academically challenging environment that utilizes a blend of traditional and innovative teaching techniques, such as hands-on teaching models to reinforce concepts and experiential learning through experimentation and field trips.
At Cornerstone Academy, our goal is to prepare students to excel academically and meet the challenges of a changing world.
We recognize that each child is unique and structure our educational programming to meet the needs of each student.
Small class size and individualized instruction are central to our mission.
Cornerstone Academy promotes the following concepts as an integral part of the curriculum:
- A nurturing environment that fosters the spirit of independence
- An atmosphere where students learn respect for themselves, each other and the world around them
- An interactive learning program that teaches children problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- An environment that fosters open participation and communication between staff, parents, children and the community
- A program that teaches essential life, social and inter-personal skills
- An environment that encourages learning as a life long process
- Small classes and individualized lesson plans geared to the academic level of the student