"I just wanted to send you a quick note to tell you how impressed I was with the field trip to Concord/Boston. In particular, I truly appreciated all of the opportunities you took to supplement what the kids were learning from the presentations, placards, etc. For example, I thought it was fantastic when you took the opportunity explain a tree circle (and how it related to what they learned during the year). Although we were simply walking back to our cars, you wanted to share something new! It was also clear to me that you did significant research prior to the trip -- your background knowledge added so much to the experience.
As a child, I recall being bored on field trips when my teachers used them only as a diversion from the classroom. This trip was so different and indicative of the quality education that Cornerstone provides. I loved watching these amazing kids stay so intellectually engaged -- and so well-behaved -- throughout a long day! (One of the tour guides in Concord shared with me that he had never met such an amazing group of well-behaved and inquisitive students). Thank you for playing such an important role in their engagement.
I look forward to seeing you at the graduation!"
- "We started at Cornerstone last year and were so impressed with the quality of teaching and nurturing environment that we eagerly started our second child this fall in the transitional kindergarten program. It is the perfect school for families looking for a school that truly prioritizes one-on-one teaching and developing well-rounded children. The children are kind and respectful, with all ages playing together during recess and special events. What better way for children to learn compassion than through peers and older students? We researched many private schools in the area, and live in an excellent public school district, but ultimately chose Cornerstone for the small classroom sizes and promise of individualized attention. The school has certainly exceeded our expectations.
As parents, we love that the school has no bureaucracy, and that parents get to play an involved role through volunteering opportunities. The families are down-to-earth, generous, and gracious. Cornerstone is a truly a gem."
- "Dedicated teachers and a wonderful experience for our son. He loves going to school everyday and wants to achieve more and more. The teachers know how to ease in the children after a long summer. In K he was reading at a 4th grade level and is already doing multiplication, knows time, money and place value. One of the few schools in the area that will help your child excel as far as your child is willing to go. Learning is made to be fun and that is what children need in the younger years. We have no doubt that after our son finishes 5 grade we will never have to worry about study habits or learning. The formative years are so important! A hidden gem"
- "I have had two children at Cornerstone Academy, the oldest of whom is now entering 8th grade at Worcester Academy. The education at Cornerstone is outstanding. The kids are stimulated and happy, and develop self esteem and respect for others. This is a very think-outside-the-box type of school, not because of the curriculum (which is actually very traditional) but because of the way the teachers teach. They use different strategies to enforce concepts, recognizing that not all kids learn the same way. The small class size allows for differentiated learning, which really enablesweaknesses to be strengthened, and strengths to be challenged. Great school, no regrets."
- "I have had two children enrolled at Cornerstone Academy since 2004. Both my children flourished academically from the small class sizes and individualized attention and curriculum provided. My daughter, now 10 excels in public school. She has always been ahead of her peers and performs exceptionally well on the MCAS. This is 100% due to the foundation and confidence she received from attending Cornerstone Academy. My son, now in his third year at Cornerstone, excels in every facet of his eduction; from Math to ESL. This is also due to the superior education he receives at Cornerstone Academy. I have no doubt that wherever my son matriculates to for his secondary education, he will be more successful from the nurturing and challenging environment Cornerstone provided for him. It is my hope that some day soon my youngest child will also reep the benefits of excellent teachers and challenging academic programs."
- "I have 2 boys who have been enrolled in Cornerstone Academy since kindergarten. My oldest son just finished 5th grade and he is headed to Worcester Academy in the fall.. My younger son will be a 4th grader in September. My boys have received an unbelievable education at Cornerstone Academy. The teachers are nurturing and creative and the environment is loving and warm. Both of my children have thrived academically, socially and emotionally at this school. Individuality is celebrated and acceptance of others is expected. Character development is an important part of the education at Cornerstone which sets it apart from other schools. I am constantly told that my boys are kind, polite and poised and that means as much to us as the wonderful academics at this school."