Learning is a lifelong endeavor, and our parents model this every day.
As partners in the education of our children, families have the opportunity to spend time in the classrooms, sharing special talents and knowledge, helping with projects/events and leading by example.
We value our families and work to ensure a strong home-school connection.
We are all life-long learners and avid readers! Here are some of our favorite titles. You can help support our fundraising efforts with your purchases through smile.amazon.com.
- Angela Duckworth: Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance – See book on Amazon.com
Note from Karen: This is a book I just started reading…first page talks about how rigorous the application process is for Military Academy West Point…couldn’t help but think of Jordan who was a Cornerstone student that just graduated from there!!! He has grit!!
- The Ultimate List of the Best Children’s Books About Kindness – See the 40 best Kindness books
- Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder by Richard Louv – http://richardlouv.com/books/last-child/
- Creating Innovators: The Making of Young People Who Will Change the World by Tony Wagner – http://www.tonywagner.com/creating-innovators/
- Most Likely to Succeed: Preparing our Kids for the Innovation Era by Tony Wagner – https://www.mltsfilm.org/
- Girls Think of Everything: Stories of Ingenious Inventions by Women
- Teach Like A Pirate: Increase Student Engagement, Boost Your Creativity, and Transform Your Life as an Educator by Dave Burgess – http://daveburgess.com/
- Conscious Parenting: The Holistic Guide to Raising and Nourishing Healthy, Happy Children by Gabriel Cousens – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2htJWkqwr4
- Kids Deserve It! Pushing Boundaries and Challenging Conventional Thinking by Todd Nesloney – See book on Amazon
- Mindful Education: Cultivating Well-Being in Teachers and Students by Daniel Rechtschaffen – http://danielrechtschaffen.com/books/
- Nature Preschools and Forest Kindergarten: The Handbook for Outdoor Learning by David Sobel – https://www.davidsobelauthor.com/nature-preschools-and-forest-kindergartens
Some of our Favorite On-line Places: