We firmly believe learning takes place far beyond the walls of the classroom. In addition to our outdoor classroom and learning space on site, we frequently participate in field trips and enrichment programs to support our units and student interest.
Some of our very favorites include:
- Honey Pot Hill Apple Orchard
- Hanover Theater for literature based performances, such as Percy Jackson
- Mechanics Hall for Theater-based picture book performances. Characters come to life!
- The Ecotarium planetarium
- The New England Aquarium (We have visited there but we also have touch tide pools come right to the school!)
- The Worcester Art Museum: After an Author/Illustrator study, students were able to see additional work on display at the museum. We also have students who are showcased there after becoming finalists in an art contest!
- Letter-boxing hikes in the nearby trails
- Plimoth Plantation and the Mayflower II tour
- The Freedom Trail and Lexington/Concord Revolutionary War sites
- Sturbridge Village farming program
- Museum of Science for various special exhibits, such as the Dead Sea Scrolls, Leonardo DiVinci and the Pompeii remnants.
- IMax Theater for a virtual marine biology experience
We honor our favorite traditions but also add new experiences each school year for the students to bring their units and studies alive!
Honey Pot Hill Apple Orchard:
Sturbridge Village a special “Farming Program” :
Hanover Theater for literature based performances, such as Percy Jackson:
Metropolitan Museum of Art:
Mechanics Hall for Theater-based picture book performances. Characters come to life!:
The Ecotarium Planetarium: